Sunday, October 23, 2005

Pre-Halloween Festivities - Take 1

Wow! We’ve had a busy and fun week! Having a kid opens up a whole new world of stuff to do and photo ops to take. Events that I’ve never paid attention to are now the number one Saturday (and Thursday!) event. And it’s so much fun! I also never realized how much I love kids. All of them. Little angels can do no wrong.

Megamom and I are still doing the Stroller Striders thing on Tuesdays. I have decided that Stroller Striders is the absolute BEST thing that I’ve done recently. Not only am I supposedly getting into shape (haha), but it’s a huge social outlet. The women in my group occasionally get together for a Mom’s night out. And then there’s other get togethers and play groups that meet periodically. It’s really fun. And you have a ready made group with at least one thing that you know you have in common. It actually doesn’t matter if you have more in common….you always end up talking kid.

So, Megamom was telling me last week about this Halloween thingy that Roswell Parks and Rec was having. It was on a Thursday afternoon from 4:30 to 7:00 and for kids 8 and under. Have I mentioned before how much I love Roswell? They had it at the community center at the park we walk in. Kids were to come in costume for a costume contest among other festivities. One gym was set up with a little plywood house town with hay bales and little plywood houses. Nothing elaborate, but it was free! Different companies sponsored the houses and the kids went “trick or treating”. The other gym had all the moonwalk, blowup things that the older kids could play in. Then, in the various classrooms, there was a cake walk, face painting, a magic show, and a craft room.

I bought Babygirl a cute little black cat costume, complete with ears and tail. Grandma C came over and the three of us plus Megamom and her 4 boys went. Babygirl was in complete awe of all the kids and activity. And she was a big hit in her costume. We ran into a couple of our fellow Stroller Striders too! We pretty much just walked around and looked at everything. Babygirl did get whiskers and a little pink nose painted on her little cat face. Which ended up in a big black smudge by the afternoons end.

I can’t wait for Halloween!

No comments: