Friday, March 03, 2006

Taking my babygirl gaming

Oh my gosh! When did I turn into a nerd?!? Is it a function of the times or is gaming really still considered “nerdy”? Mapgeek and I have been gaming together ever since we started dating (and before, but not together). Lately, we’ve been primarily doing the MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing games). Great acronym for us engineer-types. We’ve been playing World of Warcraft for over a year. Since I was pregnant, we’ve been playing these two trolls. I play a mage and he’s a warrior. It is funny to me that we’re still not to the highest level in the game, yet we’ve been playing these chars (characters for the non-nerds) for over a year. Guess it has something to do with the 5 other chars I’ve been playing too. We tried out Everquest (aka, Evercrack), which people said was a great one to play. We didn’t like it as much. It seemed too tedious to get ahead.

Anyhow, I wonder if anyone that regularly reads these posts is a gamer too…

We’re off to Vegas tomorrow. Got a plane ticket for Babygirl too. Mapgeek and I each took a carry-on suitcase (though we checked them) and a backpack to Spain for two weeks. This trip, we’re taking our two suitcases, a huge suitcase for Babygirl, a carry-on for Babygirl (aka, The diaper bag), a car seat, a stroller, and I’m sure we’ll end up with at least one more carry-on (since we can…we DID buy three seats ya know). It’s amazing how much stuff a baby can take. Clothes, blankets, burp clothes, bibs, diapers, food, bottles, formula, etc. Good thing the dog is staying at home.

No comments: