Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Party Goes On…

Wow! Where did the summer go?? After a brief hiatus in July (post-Granddaddy P’s birthday and pre-Mapgeek’s birthday), we decided to head to Panama City Beach for a long weekend. We haven’t been down there in 3 years. One of my college roommates got married and lives down there. KR (or KO) and her husband own a couple of condo’s RIGHT ON THE BEACH! Lucky for us, one of them was available. And now for my shameless plug of her condos...

The condo was absolutely beautiful! And did I mention RIGHT ON THE BEACH? It was a very large 2-bedroom unit with a huge balcony, washer and dryer, huge kitchen, and TVs in every room. It was even setup for high speed internet (though not wifi at the moment). Both sleep 8 (two bedrooms, sofa bed, and bunk beds in a closet off the eating area – hilarious for kids). They recently decided to rent the units themselves, so I’ll post some contact info when I find out.

I love the gulf coast! It’s white, the water is clear, and the strong gulf stream currents are missing. Plus, we ate some fabulous seafood. I strongly recommend eating at Capt. Anderson’s (PCB standard) and a new place called the Boatyard, which was outstanding. We also ate at our old standby – Shuck-ums. Love those oysters! Mapgeek and I even got a couple of dives in one morning. Not quite Cozumel, but it was great to get wet. I’m really looking forward to going back this fall sometime.

Now we're into football season with the Thursday-Monday of nonstop action. *sigh* Fantasy football, college football, blah blah blah. I used to really like football season, but now it just gets on my nerves. It just gets old after 5 straight days. Hopefully, I’ll feel more involved when it starts getting colder, if it ever does. However, living in Georgia is always a treat when I get to proudly say GO COCKS!!

No comments: