Wednesday, April 09, 2008

1, 2, 3...PEEEEE!!!

As was bound to happen, you *knew* I was gonna have to blog about it at some point. After months of knock-down drag-outs...Babygirl is finally potty trained (well mostly). I never was getting why she was so against potty training. Screaming, fighting, etc. And that little bugger can HOLD it...like 6 hours. So the whole sitting her down on the potty every half hour didn't work and was flatly miserable.

So, for the last couple weeks, I've been counting down to spring break, when she's at home all week. We've been shopping for new panties, though I never did find ones with bugs on them (her request). This past Saturday, I removed all diapers, pullups, the changing pad, the diaper genie, and the wipes from her room. And she hasn't had an accident all week (knock on wood), though I am still putting her in a "night-time diaper" for bedtime.

The next big hurdles are: using a public restroom; sleeping through the night without using "Mommy I have to pee" as a stalling tactic for staying up; and, the big road trip to Columbia this weekend.

I'll let you know...

No comments: