Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where does the time go?

And the months come and go. We’ve been busy this summer as always! Jelly Bean is growing like a weed. She’s absolutely beautiful, just like her sister. How I ended up with two girls with straight blond hair and blue and green eyes…I’ll never know!

Babygirl is now 3! Completely potty trained now and hasn’t had one, single accident at night (knock on wood). Her latest obsession is dinosaurs. She saw a Land Before Time movie earlier this spring and it’s been dinosaurs ever since! She got a big Fisher-Price dollhouse for her birthday, and the dinosaurs moved in and took over. Clever girl. She also has discovered jigsaw puzzles. Partly because I found one with dinosaurs on it that was in the clearance bin at the grocery store. Babygirl’s collection has expanded, and she spends hours doing the 100 piece puzzles and can pretty much do them by herself. It’s fascinating watching her mind go!

Jelly Bean started preschool last week. After a summer of Mother’s Morning Out and also the childcare at the gym, she has taken right to getting dropped off for a few hours. The teachers keep them busy doing all kinds of fun things – coloring, eating, playground, etc. She also got a dollhouse this summer and she loves to play with her “house”. Lots of fun to watch the pretend in action.

We joined the local Lifetime Fitness a few months ago. It’s been incredibly motivating to me! After coming to the realization that in order to be in shape, you have to exercise 5 times a week. So, now I’m there almost every day. It’s been wonderful because the staff knows us, which is nice because I don’t really feel like one of the masses. I’ve been doing Peak Pilates, complete with torture devices, as well as running A LOT. At this point, I’m hoping to do a triathlon sometime next year. With their indoor and outdoor pools, I hope to get back in the water soon to start reacclimating.

Mapgeek is working like a dog, doing his quarry sales as well as multiple GIS contracts on the side. I think he loves keeping up with GIS and making all the extra money! But, I’ll have to let him tell you all about that…

Enough with my catch up. I will try to do better at keeping up!

No comments: