Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Newt and Hillary

I watched the Daily Show last night on the Comedy Channel. It’s a half hour “news” type show hosted by Jon Stewart. Typically I enjoy it, though I find Jon a little too left for my tastes. Last night, Newt Gingrich was on. I’ve was impressed with Newt during the interview. He and Jon bantered, but not the nastiness you typically see when you get a leftie and a rightie together. Plus, Newt laughed, which was great to see. Finally, a politician that doesn’t appear to take himself too seriously. The interesting thing is this health care deal that Newt and Hillary are working on. “Non-partisan” they say, which makes me suspicious (seeing how it’s Newt and Hillary). Are the two giants playing nice to see if we all will notice how above the political fray they are? Most likely. My only comment about their plan is that it seems very Big Brother-ish. I'll have to read more about it.

I sure wish we had more politicians that were up front, logical and less emotional in their arguments, and not so hypocritical. Do they all think we’re stupid? And when did the Constitution go out the window?

1 comment:

Sean said...

This comment is less a response to your post than a note to CurleyGirl Jr, with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy.

"Gehonouttadere!"