Friday, June 03, 2005

One more day

We met up with our Charlotte friends (‘Nato and ‘Manda) last night for dinner at El Azteca in Sandy Springs. They come in town once a month or so for training and work. We sure miss having those guys around! Found out that ‘Nato is off for a year in Iraq this fall, somewhere south of Baghdad. He’s been in the National Guard for years and years. Mapgeek and I are super proud to know him and hope that he comes home safe and soon.

Now that I’m not in the office for a while, I’m finding that I’m not nearly as bored as I thought. I got my laptop set up for wireless networking, so I can work anywhere in the house (couch, bed, outside). Plus, I keep thinking of all this stuff that I still need to do. Is that nesting?

My client gave us two travel books for a baby present. She knows how much we love to travel. One is “1,000 Places To See Before You Die” and the other is ”No Touch Monkey: And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late”. Of course, first thing we did was go through the 1,000 places to see what we’d already seen. We’ve been to so many places! Our next Europe trip, unless we go back to London, will definitely have to be Italy. Our next big stateside trip will need to be the coast of South Carolina. I’ve not been to Charleston since high school and barely spent any time in Savannah. The travel bug continues.

No comments: