Tuesday, May 31, 2005

And the wait goes on

Do all babies take so long at the end? I think we're now "officially" ready. Mapgeek (formerly known as hubby, but I like the "geek" part better...I may change again, depending on my mood :) ). Ok, Mapgeek installed the car seat base. That sucker isn't going anywhere. We got one of those car seat/stroller contraptions (from my wonderful Grandmom, yay!). I've never seen anything so complicated. Kudos to the tech writers that put the manuals together though. For the most part. We managed to follow the pictures down to the last page. Got all the crib sheets and blankets washed. I still haven't packed, but figured I'd have plenty of time. My goal is to keep the laundry clean.

Mapgeek and I spent a wonderful weekend doing absolutely nothing. We cooked dinner every night and played WoW. Still loving the game! My Orc mage rocks! And the world is HUGE. We won't be "finishing" anytime soon. As is typical with these games, I'll probably get bored with it long before I see the whole game.

The only complete downside to the weekend is that my parents golden, Dixie, had to be put to sleep. She deterioriated with what was most likely cancer in the last week. Poor girl. But now she's in a better place and healthy. I just hope Meauxdog stays healthy for several more years.

And, more in the news...
We had another crane climber in Atlanta over the weekend. Guy was jonesing for a smoke, so finally came down. What's up with the weirdos around here?

No comments: