Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Can I bum a smoke?

Georgia's smoking ban went into effect on Friday. I absolutely, wholeheartedly DISAGREE with this ban. It's a total infringement on private businesses. Isn't that unconstitutional??? If I own a bar and want to patrons to be able to smoke, it's my decision. It is NOT the government's. If you are a nonsmoker and want to protect your air and health, then don't go to that establishment. Duh. When did the almighty goverment become responsible for my decisions about my health?? However, I do AGREE with a ban on smoking in goverment buildings. The goverment "owns" them and can do what the people want with them. This just astounds me that laws like this pass with little argument. It's the ongoing baby steps that Big Brother makes while crossing the line to governing the personal lives of our citizens. People can make their own decisions. WE ARE NOT LEMMINGS!

Ok, enough. The funniest thing I saw about this law, is that the "Father" (as the AJC calls him) of the legislation lives on a chicken farm. Now which do you think is worse for our environment...96,000 chickens and associated waste, or someone smoking??

Check it out...

1 comment:

P-Dogg said...

*raises hand*

Umm I'm a lemming...because the gubmint tells me so..

lalalala