Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hurricane Mairin

As you all know, hurricane season has officially started in the south. Hurricane Dennis came through Florida/Alabama on Sunday. We are STILL getting remnants of the weather system that was Dennis. Lots of rain and thunderstorms. Though, the sun is out right now. It should start storming around rush hour.

Then we have Hurricane Mairin here in Curleyville. She starts blustering around midnight and hits full force around 2. I have about 3 hours of non-stop baby action each night. I hold her, then change her, then feed her, then burp her, then change her, then hold her until she dozes off, then put her down. After 15 minutes she wakes up again and we start it all over again. No wonder Daddy is so tired each morning and Mairin and Mommy sleep off and on until 11 or 12. But she's so cute that it doesn't seem like too much of a hassle unless she's superduper upset.

My days consist of getting up around 8. I feed the baby, feed the mommy, feed the dog, and surf the web. Then we all nap until lunch time. Then I feed the baby, feed the mommy, change the baby, and watch Prime Time in the Daytime on TNT while all this is going on. Then Mairin goes back to sleep and I get to shower. Yay! Then I work on thank you notes (I'm getting them done slowly but surely). Then it's more feeding/changing/burping/holding action. I'm AMAZED how much time a baby takes! But now she's down for the late afternoon nap and I can blog and then on to WOW until Mapgeek comes home!

No comments: