Tuesday, August 09, 2005

On a roll!

Babygirl has slept all night for a week! That's of course, once she actually GOES to sleep. She's not doing that until around midnight. However, this is heaven for Mommy and Daddy! Only one more week until shots! I've been counting down the days until we're free! After that, I have big plans for Babygirl and me. Shopping at the mall, lunch with friends, afternoons at the pool. No more being housebound!

The three of us (Mapgeek, Babygirl, and me) are going on our first official vacation next week. We wanted a beachside resort at Hilton Head. After exhausting our search on Orbitz and Expedia, we went on Hotwire (plug here) and looked up hotels. We ended up with a great deal at the Crown Plaza Hilton Head. Three days of lounging at the pool with the poolside bar and the big umbrellas. Within sight of the beach without having to deal with Babygirl and sand. Though we will have to venture out in the surf! I'm gonna read the Harry Potter book I got and still haven't read. And, I started reading another funny set of books. The Sweet Potato Queens' Big Ass Box of Love. It's Deep South meets Sex in the City. Hilarious, especially if you're a 30-something, southern female. It reminds me of a girl I know, to a 't'.

I've also started working again. From home, around 2 hours a day. Babygirl naps most of the morning, so far so good. Though it is work, but it gives me something to do. That is until we're free and can spend the mornings at the pool. Haha!

No comments: