Sunday, November 13, 2005

Babygirl's Big Day

Babygirl had her first of many big day last week. She was baptized in the church. And, even more special, was that she was christened by the same wonderful minister that married Mapgeek and I. We opted to go Methodist instead of Catholic, since neither Mapgeek or I are not particularly active (and I’m not Catholic anyways) in the Catholic church.

Babygirl wore a BEEE-utiful dress that Grandmommy P made. It was an amazing labor of love. And she wore her little bonnet and looked like a little angel. Not that I’m partial or anything. The ceremony was very sweet and I got all teary as Mommy’s are prone to be with a baby’s milestones. After church, Mapgeek and I had the family back over to our house for lunch.

The next weepy event will probably be Christmas. Babygirl has started sitting up for longer periods. She has to be sat up, but will stay that way and play. I think crawling is just around the corner. I’m really looking forward to Santa coming and bringing lots of Babygirl toys!

No comments: