Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Turkeys and stuff

Well, we tried to go to Indianapolis to visit Mapgeek’s extended family (two grandparents, three uncles, two aunts from both sides of the family). We left the Friday night before Turkey Day to make it to Nashville (half way) for the night. Four hours later, we pulled into a hotel north of Nashville and got a phone call informing us that part of the family was sick. Seriously enough to not want to get Babygirl involved. Sooooooooo, we had a cozy night in a Holiday Inn Express, complete with wi-fi, a six-pack of Guinness, and a six-pack of Krystals. And we came home on Saturday. Long way for a much needed pseudo-date. We’re rescheduling for January and greatly looking forward to introducing Babygirl to her family.

Turkey Day was yummy, of course. Lunch was at my parents house. The whole gang including my siblings, Mapgeek’s parents and siblings, and all the spouses came. It’s fun having everyone there. It’s like a big traditional pilgrim-fest rather than just a few people, though it’s a lot of work. Luckily, my brother shopped with Mom P and convinced her to get a 20-lb bird. It was HUGE! I should have taken a picture.

The rest of our much needed long weekend was spent painting the 2-story foyer in our house. Borrowed an extension ladder and another folding-type ladder thing AND a power roller from my I-own-every-power-tool-and-anything-else-you-can-think-of dad. Power rollers rule. Especially if you’re two stories up and trying to paint a large expanse of drywall. Still took us two whole days. I think we’re going to take a break from painting for a while.

Whew. I need a beer just talking about it.

3 comments:

P-Dogg said...

Whattya mean its hard work being up two stories painting a broad expanse of drywall???

Don't I get credit for risking my neck for spending my whole weekend twenty feet above the floor on a creaking ladder with a power roller strapped over my shoulder???

:p

Oh and MANY MANY thanks go out to your I-should-open-up-my-own-home-improvement-store-because-i-have-so-many-cool-things-that-buzz Dad for all his help and for lending us the ladders...the foyer looks awesome!

P-Dogg said...

P.S. - I'm teasing of course...we make a great painting team! (now on to the kitchen.....)

-Spidey

tfufu said...

I ALSO risked my butt on a 20-foot ladder last weekend painting the great room. We're going to have to share stories!