Thursday, November 03, 2005

Halloween!

Ok, so Halloween itself was the last of the week-long festivities that Babygirl and I attended. Somewhat of a letdown. We trick-or-treated the Mega-family across the street and the Next Doors. Then Babygirl fell asleep, while Megamom and I chatted on the front lawn and watched the neighborhood munchkins. There was one post-puberty and very tall young man that showed up at our door. I gave him a handfull of loot. Mapgeek and I were talking about the last time we went out. I remember feeling really stupid knocking on doors. You know you're too old when you start feeling stoopid. It's been a fun week and I'm sure next year will be even more exciting!

We're trying to get ready for our busy, busy weekend. There is a fundraiser for the Foundation Fighting Blindness on Friday night. One of my favorite fundraisers...a wine tasting! And I get to partake this year! It also includes a silent auction, which I always manage to spend a ton of money in the guise of "getting a good deal". Babygirl is also getting christened on Sunday. The wonderful minister that married Mapgeek and I will be blessing the Babygirl. It means a lot to us to have her there. So, Uncle Markiejo and Aunt Niki are coming in town (Mapgeek's brother and wife) as well as my Aunt Wufpakgrl and my Grandmother. We've got family meals out the wazoo this weekend. Plus, we're having everyone over for lunch after church on Sunday. Lots of fun!

No comments: