Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hello? Anyone there?

So I'm feeling left out of the blog-world. And I'm going on maternity leave and need an "adult" outlet for all my pent-up "adult" thoughts. But please forgive if I occasionally revert to baby-talk. Though the dog and I have lots of non-baby-talk conversations....

We're patiently waiting for the arrival of our baby Curleygirl v.2.0. At least they tell us it's a girl. If it turns out to be a boy, he may have some gender identity issues until he outgrows all the pink. Otherwise, it will be Boys = 1, Girls = 2 (again, unless you count the dog). P is looking forward to the day that he becomes the perfect host to a tea party. I'm looking for the day where I don't sleep 10 hours, can eat sushi, drink beer, and not feel like a turtle on it's back getting out of the bed. Though, for all accounts I've heard, the pregnancy has not been bad. No horror stories, no complaints. BTW, NEVER tell a pregnant woman about your friends that gained 100 pounds, had diabetes, high blood pressure, swelled up like a balloon, and had this problem and that problem. Talk about instigating the paranoia for the first time mom.

As interesting as pregnancy is for the mom...moving on....

I did not get to stay up past midnight to see Revenge of the Sith. In my younger days I may have. I was much more excited about each Lord of the Rings movie. I hope to see SW in the next week or so (depending on v.2.0). And I still haven't seen Hitchhiker's Guide, for which there is no excuse. Soon...

One other even of note...this week was my birthday (old, don't ask). P took me to Barcelona's for Spanish tapas. Reminded me of our honeymoon. Great food! I got two "great choice's!" from our Spanish-Austrian-Italian waiter. One for the Surtido Iberico (meat and cheese plate) and one for the dessert (some kind of fruity cake with kiwi on top). I do miss eating chorizo, Manchego, and bread every day with a glass of Sangria. *sigh*

2 comments:

P-Dogg said...

Am I the first to post on here??

ROCK!

Welcome to the world wide web. Hopefully the release of Curley ver 2.0 won't require any patches, other than baby powder.

P

Anonymous said...

Are you hot baby?