Tuesday, September 13, 2005

As long as you have your health

Our co-worker, neighbor, and friend, Derek was suddenly put in the hospital last Thursday night with a bleed in his brain. I've heard aneurism, stroke, AVMs and other terms that I don't fully understand. It has been touch and go since then and will continue to be for another 4-5 days. Mapgeek and I are praying for him, his wife, Susan, and his family. Derek is one of the most amazing persons that I know. If you could ever have a technology prodigy, Derek would be it. Derek and their roommate, Swoopy run a website and Podcast called Skepticality. They have a huge following and people all over the world have been sending them good vibes. After hearing about the lack of humanity during the New Orleans fiasco, my faith in humanity got bumped up a notch reading all the posts on their site. And yes, I know everything I "hear" is on the news and we all know how reliable that is. (And please don't reply with any feelgood stories. I'm aware of the good and that wasn't my point.)

Anything regarding the brain scares the bejeezus out of me. It reminds me again how thankful I am with my life, husband, and babygirl. I am so humbled everyday hearing about other people's problems, primarily health and more recently Mother Nature issues. You hear the saying "as long as you have your health....". Anyways, I'm thinking a lot about Derek and am praying for him.

Sorry for the deep post. I had to get it off my chest. :)

No comments: