Monday, September 26, 2005

Slacker is as slacker does

Wow! Has it really been two weeks since I blogged? I've been so busy or maybe it just feels that way. Nothing super spectacular going on except for Babygirl.

Just random thoughts today....

Whirlpool's automated "customer service" stinks. After finally getting through all the voice activated stuff, I finally got put on hold to talk to a live person. After over 20 minutes of that, I hung up and looked for a service person online. And why do I have to have an 8-hour window? And the woman at the repair shop was very helpful in suggesting that I leave a key for the repairman just in case I'm not home. ????????? All for the want of a washing machine spin cycle.

Ventured to Publix again and saw a pregnant guy parked in the pregnant lady (person?) parking space. Miracles of modern medicine.

I've been clipping coupons to save a little money. Millionaire next door ya know (the book for those that missed the reference). It cost $2.50 for the newspapers to save us $5.00 today. And I actually made a conscious effort to be honest and ONLY buy stuff that we needed. Are coupons really worth the effort or is it the same difference to buy store brands and stuff that's on sale (pork tenderloin was $2.99/lb today!)?

We took Babygirl to two parties on Saturday. She was such a trooper! Except for the hunger meltdown in the car in between the two, she was happy and social all night. She also discovered last week that she can make a lot of noise. For about 3 days there she chirped and squawked for hours. Not having experience with young infants, I wonder if she's doing normal things or if she's spe-shul. She's also in the process of outgoing her 0-3 month clothes. It's very traumatic for Mommy. We have an appointment with a photographer this week to capture the cute dresses that she won't be able to wear again. :(

After having a record wet year, we're now having the driest September on record. Not to mention that it's still hitting the upper 80's. Must be that global warming thing that Bush caused. At least when we go to Hilton Head this weekend for Grandpa C's birthday, we'll be able to enjoy it. Boy, I'm ready for fall!

Football season is in full swing. I now compete for the TV with Mapgeek on Thursdays thru Sundays. I have to take the remote with me if I walk out of the room, just in case he wants to "check" scores during commercials. Haha! Though I am learning a lot about the Falcons.

All of our very nice neighbors have either had us over for dinner or have brought us dinner. And our one party we had was during the neighborhood progressive dinner. Can you say poor planning? I hope to have a neighbor-gathering sometime soon, though our falls always seem so busy with several trips in October, Babygirl's christening in November, another trip in November, and then we're into the hoidays. It never seems to stop. Please forgive us neighbors!

I think I've covered the random. Babygirl says "Ahhhhhhccchhhhkkkkkmmmmmmmmaaaaa!" (Hi and bye in Babygirl-speak).

No comments: